Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The MTC is amazing!!

*Email sent on Sept 11, 2013 from the MTC - The only P-day Sister Cox had in the MTC.
MOM!!!! (and family)
The MTC is amazing!! I think I already told you about my companion Sister Reyes. She is from Las Vegas and I love her to death!!! She is such a cutie! If I get the chance I will have to send you some pictures! Sister Reyes is always trying to scare me, and she actually does a pretty good job at it too, she got me really bad while we were doing our service project on Monday. We were vacuuming and I didn't know she was done, and then all of the sudden she popped out of no where. The sisters in my district all share the same room. there are 3 bunkbeds to a room (6 beds) and 4 of us, so we definitely aren't too crowded. The sisters in my district are Sister Reyes and I, and Sister Manson (from Mesa Arizona) who is our sister training leader, and Sister Steadman (from Sandy). We are all going to Philly! We call ourselves the Philly 4! We have 4 Elders in our district. Elder Brown who is our district leader, Elder Steel, Elder Llewelyn, and Elder Whitney. they are all going to Arcadia California. We've only been here for a week and already we feel like a family! It is so cool being able to hear all of their insights and their stories! Oh and funny story, the elders found a "narnia hole" in their room and in it was an armadillo!! haha! 
I got to go to the temple this morning with my zone. It was really neat! This was my first time watching the video and it was really good, but not quite what I was expecting. We stayed in the same room for the whole time which was kind of weird for me... but I LOVED being able to go to the temple! I get the feeling that it is going to be quite a while before I get to go to the temple again... :( We got to eat breakfast at the temple though and it turned out pretty good!
We get new missionaries today! woohoo! Its so weird thinking that I have only been here for a week and now I'm the "old" missionary. When I first came here, the other missionaries seemed so much older and so much wiser than any of us newbies, but in all reality they were exactly the same age as us. I wonder if we will look that way to the missionaries coming in today. The new district that is coming into our zone today are all going to Missouri! there will be 5 Elders and 5 Sisters! We went and decorated the new sisters door to help them feel welcome here at the MTC.
So this is supposedly "top secret" but there is going to be a sister missionary choir for the relief society broadcast coming up here soon, too bad I will be out of the MTC by then... but oh well. I have been able to participate in the choir and I LOVE it! This week we sang Where Can I Turn For Peace? but unfortunately I wasn't able to perform it with the rest of the choir... there wasn't enough seats for us... but it's probably for the better, I haven't had much of a voice lately. I caught a bit of a cold from one of the sisters in my district and so I've been sneezing and I can't always talk... But don't worry, I'm ok! I went to the book store and got some stuff to help me get over it.
My teachers here are Sister Looney (who I absolutely LOVE! I feel like I can relate to her really well, she just got off her mission about 6 months ago) and Brother Adjei (Ahd-Jay is how you say it. He is from Ghanna and has the coolest accent ever. Got to love those African people!!) 
Thank you by the way for the package! It was such a cool surprise to get more than just my bag (which is great by the way, THANK YOU!) I don't know whose idea it was to send that funny flower thing and all the candy, but thanks from the sisters and from me, it really made our day!
We started teaching an investigator yesterday! I don't know if it was real or not, but it felt really real to me! And she was one TOUGH COOKIE! We went into the lesson planning on teaching her about the restoration and the Book of Mormon just to find out that she doesn't even believe in the Bible! But she does believe in God so that gives us at least something to work with...
My last day at the MTC is Monday. If I end up having some time, I may e-mail you again, but otherwise, don't expect an email until the following week :( I report to the MTC travel office at 2:30am on Tuesday and my flight leaves at 6:30am for Minnesota then we have a 1 hour layover... So, I would probably call at the SLC airport... but it would be around 5 or5:30 when I call... you will have to send me a letter to let me know if you want me to call or not... I know that would be really early. But yeah, that is the plan!
The food here is surprisingly pretty good. But they feed you a lot too. They give us all you can eat ice-cream on Sundays and Wednesdays. It's kind of fun.
You will have to tell the Rasmussen's that Elder Hendricks is in my zone and he is actually my zone leader! cool right? We have a large group of people coming to Philly there are 21 of us new missionaries headed on Tuesday.
Oh and I don't know if you have done this already, but there is a page on facebook that you can join. It is called the Pennsylvania Philadelphia Mission. One of the teachers here at the MTC went to Philly and he took a picture of the sisters in my district and posted it on that page. You will just have to check it out when you get a chance... or just get on my facebook...
I love you lots!!! Hope to talk to you soon!!!
Love,
Sister Cox

p.s.
the computer wont let me upload pictures... sorry :/
Oh mom if its possible could you shrink my patriarchal blessing and laminate it for me? I'm trying to get some pictures sent to you... So keep checking your e-mail!
  
Here are a few pictures of me and my comp and the sisters in my district and my district... I will try to send more...






Just some pictures from our temple walk on Sunday. The one with a whole bunch of people in it is my zone. and then the other one with the 3 elders is everyone in my zone that is going to Philly. I wish i had more time to email... but I have to go! Love you so much!!!
Love,
Sister Cox






No comments:

Post a Comment