Tuesday, October 8, 2013

First letter from the MTC:)

(Written letter sent in the mail-received Sept. 7, 2013)
Dear Family
   The MTC is AWESOME!  I can't believe how much I am learning & growing already!  The days do seem to go REALLY Long though.  My companion is Sister Erika Reyes.  She is from Las Vegas, she has a twin sister who was here at the MTC(they look like twins, but my comp. has brown hair & her twin is blonde!) who is now a visa waiter in the SLC South mission.  There are 4 sisters in my district & 4 elders.  We have the best district ever!  In my zone there are 12 elders & us 4 sisters.
   We just met with our branch president tonight & I have been assigned as the designated pianist.  I was also appointed as SENIOR Companion!  Woohoo!
   I'm learning so much & the spirit really is my constant companion!  As much as I really do love the MTC, the days seem so long.  I will be excited to finally get to Philadelphia!
   I will have 1 P-day which will be on Wednesday.  Writing this letter is the only acception to P-day.
   Going through some of my things I noticed that I forgot my retainer & my patriarchal blessing.  Would you please mail those to me as well as some mints?  We aren't allowed to chew gum in public...but we can have mints!
   How is everyone doing back home?  Soccer?  Football?  School?  Work?  Anything exciting going on?
   I'm loving feeling the spirit all the time & I love everything I have been learning!  We say so many prayers throughout the day, it's so hard to even put a number on it, but it works!  I begin teaching my investigator tomorrow whose name is Jessica!  Funny right?  I'll have to tell you more later when I have more time to write!
   I hope you all know that I love you & that I am praying for you!  You are the best family in the world & I wouldn't want to share all of eternity with any other amazing people.  Anyway, love you lots!
Love always,
Sister Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment