Monday, January 6, 2014

New Year New GOALS!!!!

Dec. 30, 2013
It was sooo great being able to talk to you guys on Christmas! I wish I could have talked to you longer! One hour is not enough. I'm not going to lie though, I started to get a little nervous to talk to you all... but I think it was because Sister Hall was freaking out! It was a good thing that I was driving on Christmas because I don't know if we would have made it to the Johnson's to call you otherwise. It was great to see you. The moment I hung up I just about cried because I won't be able to talk to you for 5 months! I can't believe that it has already come and gone. Now we are going into the NEW YEAR! The beginning of my "Black Year!" Not many Sisters have a black year, so its really cool that I will be spending all of 2014 in the field. So, because I will be out here for all of 2014, my goals are mission related. My first goal is to read the Book of Mormon 3 times, I also want to get a minimum of 8 baptisms (a baptism per transfer), I know that this one won't be fulfilled until next year, but I want to take an investigator to the temple.
We aren't doing much for New Years, in fact, as far as I know we are following the same schedule. In bed by 10:30... we might even have to be home early... but I don't know for sure about that. it would be super fun to go to New York! haha! Too bad we don't have any miles left for the month to go there...
This next week should be interesting though. We have 4 referrals that we need to contact! Yay!New Investigators! Oh, speaking of which. We met with Ipheka on Saturday. She is a senior in High School. Super cute little black girl. I guess that when she was in New York over the summer that she came across some missionaries. So, we are pretty much just re-teaching her and this next appointment with her on Saturday we commit her to baptism! SOO EXCITED! She has so much potential.
Today, we are going in to center City... I think that it is supposed to be rainy... which I am not looking forward to because when it rains, it rains for days at a time. :/ And, it won't help with the cold that I am starting to get. But Sister Hall wants to meet with her friend from the MTC. It will be fun.
Anyways, I love you so much! I hope you have a great New Years!
Love,
Sista Jess Cox
Merry Christmas!

Jessica and Sister Hall

It was a"scarf" kind of Christmas:)!

No comments:

Post a Comment