Monday, January 6, 2014

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Dec. 23, 2013
Merry Christmas! I can't believe that it is already here!!! I loved your Christmas card :) It was super cute! And I am super excited to be able to Skype home for Christmas!!! I will be calling you right around 2pm your time. It's going to be super fun! I've been looking forward to seeing you for a long time :)
So, my Christmas Zone Conference got moved to Christmas Eve, so I haven't gotten my packages yet... But I did get the one you sent to my apt. and I got a package from both grandparents :) Be sure to tell them thank you for me if I don't get the chance anytime soon. I am super excited to go to Zone Conference. We get to watch a movie and there is going to be a talent show! Elder Brown in my District asked me to accompany him in a song that is called In Christ Alone it is by Owl City. You should Youtube it or look it up somehow because it actually sounds really cool!
We have been staying super busy this last week! Everyone has told us that come Christmas time it is really hard to get an appointment with people, but we have been getting them just fine!
We got to meet with Sonny on Tuesday and we taught him about tithing and fasting. He actually loved it! And he messaged Sister Hall on facebook the other day and told her that the more that he thinks about it, the more he realizes that he can and should pay tithing! super cool huh?
We also went on exchanges with the Sister Trainers this week. I went to Doyles town with Sister Earl and for some reason, everyone that we stopped by was home and we were able to give them all a copy of the Joy to the World DVD! And then we ate dinner with this family that they ought to make a TV show about and call it 8 kids and counting... They are a super cute family.
So this last week. President Anderson's son-in-law fell and had some serious injuries. The whole mission fasted for him (a total of 275 missionaries). He had injured his spine and broke something... I can't remember what. But the miracle is that the next day when they were taking him to surgery, he was able to walk himself there!!! He shouldn't have been able to walk. He should be paralyzed. The miracles that occur when you fast :)
We got 2 New investigators this week! YAY! One of them was a referral from headquarters, her name is Ipheka. I think she is still in High School, but she wanted a visit from the missionaries, so we called her and set up an appointment to meet with her on the 28th. The other one is actually a former investigator who had a baptismal date and everything but then dropped off the face of the earth. We went to her home on Friday and she invited us into her home and said that she wanted us to come and meet with her again. She wants to get going on the scripture study stuff again. YAY! I am super excited!
The members of the ward have been taking really good care of us. I swear every member came up to us to make sure that we had a place to go on Christmas. I love Pennypack! I know that this Christmas is going to be a Christmas to remember!
I love you and look forward to seeing you soon. I will be home for Christmas, even if it is through Skype :)
Love,
Sista Jess Cox



No comments:

Post a Comment