Monday, January 6, 2014

Book of Mormon CHALLENGE!

Nov. 25, 2013
Hey Everyone!
I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving in Pennypack was so much fun! We went to the Menezes family's home for thanksgiving. They "Americanized" thanksgiving for us since they are from Brazil. It was so good! All of the missionaries in Pennypack were there, the elders all had additional appointments, but we didn't... we had plenty of offers, but honestly there is only so much you can really eat! It sounds like you had fun on the Maylett's side for thanksgiving! I kept on telling my companions about how we go and get a Christmas tree Thanksgiving morning, they think that it's crazy! But I love it! It's those simple little traditions that make the holidays so much fun!
So, I'm pretty sure that we broke the rules... but we did go black Friday shopping.... we mostly just wanted to see the crazy people at walmart, but we ended up getting footsie pajamas! black Friday at walmart started at 6 over here! its so ridiculous! Its really funny how on thanksgiving we show are gratitude for the things that we have just to go shopping for more that same night.
There are so many homes that are already decorated for Christmas! I love how they actually celebrate and decorate for the holidays out here, and its not just for Christmas, they decorate for everything! The small space that some of them actually have is completely decked out, it is super fun!!!
I haven't gotten a gift for Matt yet. But I am going to center Philly today and so hopefully I will find something for him. Mom, please make sure that I still have money on my card please :) I am excited to see Love park today with the big christmastree set up! It's going to be fun!
So, funny story... we went to a part member family's home on Friday for dinner. The husband (aka the non-member) came in a little late. I go to shake his hand, he grabs my hand and pulls me in for a hug (like a guy hug that is super awkward especially when a guy is hugging a sister). I didn't know what to do! then he told me that he is a hugger... According to Sister Williams, my face was priceless...
Brenda made it back to church yesterday! Yay!!!! I was so happy to be able to see her again, I didn't realize how much I missed her until I saw her walk through the doors into the church. She gave us a hug and then went right into the chapel acting like she is already a member! I am so excited to go and teach her tonight. Hopefully we will be able to reschedule her baptism, since she was sick this last time.
I finished the book of Mormon this week! And now I've started all over again! I love how you can read the BoM so many times, and yet you can learn something different each time that you read it! So now I am reading it again and I am so excited to be able to learn more! If you are up for the challenge, then I think that the whole family should read the BoM from cover to cover by Dad's Birthday which will also be my half way mark! My goal is to read it 2 more times before then, but you guys can read it once.
Anyways, I hope that everything is going well for you and I hope that you enjoy the snow! It has snowed once here, but we don't have any snow on the ground to show for it... I love you all so much! I'll be sure to let you know about transfers next week and whether or not I am moving.
Lots of Love from Pennypack!!!
Love,
Sista Jess Cox
Sister Hall, Jessica, Sister Williams

Black Friday shopping:)

Where is Sister Hall?

No comments:

Post a Comment