Sunday, November 3, 2013

Happy Halloween!

Oct. 28, 2013
MOMMY AND DADDY!!!! Ahhh!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!
Thank you so much for the greenie package! haha it made my day! But you do know that I'm not actually a "greenie" I am a GOLDEN :) But even then my comps always tell me how "pre-trained" I am, so I don't even count. I got my boots last week and my coat and the book came just a couple days ago.
I am so happy that you forwarded that email to Jason & Sheryl. I don't think that I sent the picture of us together, so I will send that with this email.
That's so fun that your Primary Program was yesterday! Ours is going to be next sunday! I am sooo excited! Speaking of church, all of us missionaries in the ward did a musical number. Transfers are tomorrow, but we are staying in a trio (it isn't normal to stay in a trio for more than one transfer). 2 of the elders in our ward are leaving and so as their send off we sang Love is Spoken Here... some of the elders are a little tone deaf... but us sisters sounded so good!!! I can't remember if I told you about Sister Johnson, the relief society president, but she has family in sterling and is from somewhere nearby... I can't remember where. But her parents came out to visit and her mom says that she is going to call you! I don't know how though, cause I didn't give her your number, but she says that she is going to call.
My investigators are doing GREAT! We haven't been able to get in and talk to Brinda in a while, but Brenda is doing great! She is coming to church, reading the scriptures, saying her prayers, she is super excited for her baptism and so are we! her family isn't super supportive, but she keeps telling us that she is a big girl and can make her own decisions. So we aren't worried about her. Oh, GUESS WHAT?! We got another baptismal date!!!! Sonny is getting baptized on Dec 8! Well, we set it as a goal. But it counts! A date has been set! So, we are now preparing 2 people to be baptized!!!! yay!!! And to think that a couple of weeks ago we were thinking about dropping him. The lord works in mysterious ways!
My daily schedule... well, we wake up every morning at 6:30 and exercise until 7 and then we prepare for the day. from 8-11 we study (we have an extra hour because I am still pretty new). then we spend the day out and about teaching and finding. We come home at 9 to plan for the following day and then write in our journals and get ready for bed.
Right now I am in Alma. I  just finished reading the story of Captain Moroni and the Title of Liberty. I love that story, but there is also a lot more to it than just that. I have found that one verse that meant something totally different to me at one time means something else right now. EVERYTHING THAT I READ APPLIES TO MISSIONARY WORK!!! it is so crazy but so cool!!!
Center city last week was so much fun! We went to this cool T-shirt store where they can print you out a shirt for only $5, then we went to love park (super cool), then on to the rocky stairs, the temple (its above ground now!!!), and then we stopped by the liberty bell and all that stuff right there. It was so cool! We took the train and rode septa all day! It was so fun, but if we didn't have the Elders there, we would be completely lost! I don't know how you can map out where the buses take you. We did ride the subway too. I almost want to be a "septa missionary" just for the experience of it.
Oh hey guess what? We will be getting ipads before the end of the year! super crazy right? I am so excited, there is so much more that we can do with technology. it is so much easier to be able to pull up a video, and then we will have our schedules on them, ward list and everything! It will be sooo nice!
But everything is going better than great right now!
I love you so much!
Love,
Sister Jess Cox
 LOVE park
 Sister Meeks & Sister Cox
 LOVE park

Philadelphia Temple.......above ground now:)
 P-day with the Elders at City Center
 Sister Hall
 Sister Williams, Sister Cox, Sister Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment